Posts Tagged ‘cauliflower’
This heart-warming cauliflower coconut soup has a mild flavour and is an ideal starter for a Valentine’s Day menu. Click here for more Valentine’s Day recipes.
Heart-warming Cauliflower Coconut Soup (serves 2)
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbs butter
- 200g cauliflower (about 4 florets)
- a pinch of sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp canola oil and 1 tsp red beet juice for the heart
- Chop onion into small cubes and sauté in the butter for about 5 min. on medium heat.
- Cut the cauliflower into small bits and add it to the onions. Add the sugar and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the white wine and let it boil down.
- Add the stock and boil for about ten minutes until the cauliflower bits are tender.
- Add coconut milk, salt and pepper an briefly heat it up.
- Blend and sift the soup.
- For the red heart, mix canola oil with beet juice and carefully place one teaspoon per bowl on top of the soup surface. Shape the dot into a heart with the help of a toothpick.