Posts Tagged ‘radish’
If you are looking for easy decoration ideas for your salads or bento lunches than this tutorial on how to make a radish rose might interest you.
A few days ago, I bought a rose flavoured lassi (South Asian yogurt drink). It had a picture of white roses with pinkish petal edges on it. I wanted to recreate that look so I came up with with the idea of informz.net infusing white radish with red beet juice. Unfortunately, the roses Moneygram honorarios turned out to look a lot different from the roses on the lassi package! Next time, I will shorten the infusion time and cut the slices thinner.
White Radish Rose Decoration
Cooking Soundtrack: Francoise Hardy – Mon Amie La Rose
- 1 piece of raw white radish, peeled
- 1 Tbs salt
- ca. 1 cup red beet juice
- Rub all sides of the radish with the salt. Let sit for an hour to draw out the water. This will make the radish softer and it will absorb the beet juice easier (at least that’s what I’m guessing).
- Wash the salt away and place the radish in a bowl. Pour in the beet juice and let it stand for 30-60 minutes. If the beet juice doesn’t cover the whole radish, rotate it once a while.
- Take the radish out of the juice and pat it dry with a kitchen paper.
- Cut thin slices and lay 6 of them out like shown in the picture.
- Cut the roll in the middle.
- Now you have 2 roses.